Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Raffles Hall Ghost??

Are the renovations provoking the ghosts of Raffles Hall? Is there something lurking around the corner? Read on and decide for yourself...




I stay in the non-RF, block 5 split. It was around 2am or so on Wednesday morning and I have had a little too much to drink and was in need for a little relief so I went down to the 1st floor toilet (the one on the water cooler side) for a leak.

The lights switched on as I entered the toilet, a fact I surmised from my action of tripping the motion detector. All was fine and I had my leak and thus --- normally, I must add --- proceeded to the sink to wash my hands.

Now, for those of you who know, there are mirrors in front of the sinks and these can get quite creepy at times especially when you reside in one of the most tradition-steeped and historically-rich halls in NUS. Goodness knows what might have happened within the hallowed rows of toilets in the past... Anyway, the mirrors were normal. Just wanted to state a point...

Anyway, as I was washing my hands, I realised there existed the sound of a running shower and to make matters worse, it was the last cubicle. THE LAST CUBICLE.

Darn it...why must ghosts always choose the final cubicle? Isn't it getting obvious?

At the same time, I was weighing the cost of 'Seeing Ghost' vs 'Saving Gaia'.

But anyway, I guessed curiosity got the better of me and I decided to go off the shower. As I walked towards the cubicle, I was in a state of trepidation and my heart was racing a little. No thanks to the Russell Lee's True Ghost Stories.

I cross my heart that I'm not making any of this up...

I pushed open the half -shut door to find the movable showerhead on its stand, water spewing out of it albeit at a half-hearted speed, it's trajectory reaching about halfway through the cubicle. I did the logical thing of skirting through from the side and as I looked at the tap, I was confounded...It was at a 45 degree angle!! My brain raced for an answer...turn up to off....or down?

I turned it down and got a good soaking at 2am in the morning.

Sure sure...laugh all you want but tell me this...

Who turned on the tap at 2am in the morning ?

2 comments: